The YJ13x6B lens is intended for producers having as their foremost priority wide angle shooting with a lightweight mobile production lens-camera system that offers excellent performance.
The new YJ13x6B utilized advanced technologies and powerful computer-aided design techniques to produce a very wide-angle lens in a lightweight 3.39 lb package, a full 11% lighter than its predecessor, the YJ12x6.5B. It is a design directly responding to the expressed creative desires of producers for a versatile acquisition system. The unusually wide angle allows a cost-effective compromise for moving between 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios.
- Combination of specialized materials, contemporary optical design, and multilayer coatings that produce the superb overall imagery
- Internal Focus – A Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to better control chromatic aberrations and reduce focus breathing effects
- Very short Minimum Object distance of 0.4 meters (10mm with Macro)
- Servo control that facilitates zooming back and forth between any two focal length positions
- In addition to the normal Shuttle Shot button, the feature may also be allocated to either the VTR or RET buttons by means of a DIP switch
- Maximum Zoom speed is now faster, 1.2 seconds
- A new ergonomic grip specially designed to reduce operator fatigue during long shooting schedules