The HJ14ex4.3B is the new successor to the long-acclaimed wide angle HJ11ex4.7B portable HDTV production lens offered by Canon. The enthusiastic acceptance of the latter all over the world since its introduction in 2001 encouraged Canon to pursue a further expansion of creative capabilities with a new-generation lens that facilitated an even wider angle of view, while also extending the focal range. Imaging performance has been significantly advanced by mobilizing the most contemporary of optical glasses, optical coating materials and processes, and powerful new optical design tools. Customer feedback also spurred a total redesign of the digital drive unit that further optimized both the ergonomic aspects and the performance of the digital electronic control of zoom, iris, and focus.
- Precision control of all lens operations
- Precise digital repeatability of zoom, focus and iris control that support innovative image creation
- Simple and direct digital integration into virtual studio systems
- Precision zoom control over a total speed range of 0.5 sec. to more than 5 min.
- By memorizing any two focal lengths, the Digital Drive can automatically "shuttle" between the two points, moving in either direction
- An angle of view can be preset in either of two memories and the lens will zoom at the highest speed or in a preset zoom speed to the preset position by pushing a simple button
- A specific zoom speed can be preset in memory and it is possible to repeat the zoom speed as often as you like by pushing a simple button