As high-definition television production increases, the need for effective image stabilization grows, given that unintentional camera shake is made more noticeable by the HD format's greater picture detail and width. Addressing this need, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging, is proud to introduce the new HJ15ex8.5B KRSE-V portable HD zoom lens with a built-in Optical Image Stabilizer. Designed to maintain stable images even when the camera is subject to jolts and vibrations, the HJ15ex8.5B KRSE-V uses Canon's unique Vari-Angle Prism image-stabilizer (VAP-IS) technology to achieve a high level of image stability all the way from telephoto to wide-angle settings.
Canon's HJ15ex8.5B KRSE-V portable HD zoom lens is ideally suited for diverse and challenging outdoor shooting situations because it can stabilize a wide range of vibration frequencies. Examples range from the low-frequency vibrations encountered on a camera operator's shoulder in a jostling crowd situation, to tripod-mounted operation on shaky platforms, to the higher-frequency vibration that cameras are subject to when operated inside TV news helicopters, motor vehicles, motorbikes, and boats. The lens provides four selectable stabilization modes to allow operators to optimize the degree of correction under diverse, and sometimes unique, shooting conditions.
- Simple integration into virtual digital studio systems without any options
- Superior smoothness and precision over the lens controls
- Dynamic zoom speed range of 0.5 sec. to over a 5 min. super slow zoom
- Precise repeatability in zoom, focus and iris control which supports the creative digital operational functions
- Enhanced Digital Functions such as the "Shuttle Shot", "Frame Preset", "Speed Preset" and others are available