ENG broad focal length lenses new addition to Canon's premier HDTV lens lineup, with a broad focal length range from 6.2mm to 106mm (212mm with extender). Professional users are now more able to select the appropriate lens for their expressive needs and produce video with the high quality for which HDxs is renowned. The HDxs Series makes optimum use of original Canon optical elements, Hi-UD (Hi Index Ultra Low Dispersion) glass, large-diameter high-precision aspherical lenses and more, with their potential maximized through designs employing Canon’s original “Power Optical System optical design technology. At the same time, the HDxs Series succeeds in suppressing ghosting and flaring by employing ray simulation technology in conjunction with original Canon spectral coating. Its amalgamation of advanced Canon optical technologies also minimizes curvature of field, chromatic aberration, chromatic aberration of magnification, and axial chromatic aberration throughout the entire field regardless of focal length or subject distance, stably exhibiting peak optical performance.
- 6.2mm extra-wide angle of view and a built-in 2X extender
- M.O.D. of 0.4mm for close shooting in news situations
- Shoot closer, shoot wider. Improved mobility for camera crews in diverse situations
- Optical performance, wider focal length and shorter M.O.D. (minimum object distance)
- Capable of adapting flexibly to all manners
- Enables vivid shooting even when ultra-close to the subject to make the scene come alive or shooting
- Capable of flexible operation, enabling the improved versatility required by camera crews, maximum cost- and performance-efficiency