The HJ18ex28B IASE A is a high definition EFP lens that brings entirely new shooting flexibilities to field production. The HJ18ex28B can extend to 500mm focal length (and to 1000mm with the extender), weighing in at only 5.5 lbs and an overall length of 10.5 inches . It has a very impressive optical speed of F2.8 up to a focal length of 286mm. The lens represents the very best in contemporary optical and mechanical design.
- Optical Technologies – Optical materials combined with the very latest lens element design innovations and multilayer coatings – that produce an unsurpassed pristine imaging system for the most discerning production team
- Internal Focus – A Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to better control chromatic aberrations
- Digital Technologies – Third-generation enhanced digital servo systems using Canon-developed 16-bit optical rotary encoder devices introduce entirely new value-added creativity to handheld acquisition systems
- Mechanical Technologies – Ergonomic mechanical design that produced this HD lens having the same size and weight as its SDTV predecessor
- Ecological Design – All contemporary Canon lenses avoid the use of materials and substances potentially harmful to the environment