Canon introduces their new line of HDgc lenses to support the introduction of economical,mid-range HD cameras. While the HDgc line is engineered for affordable HD,they combine the best optical features of Canon’s remarkable lenses,including reduced chromatic aberration,and high and well-controlled MTF,with digital operational tools that include Shuttle Shot,Framing Preset,Speed Preset,and more in a line-up that delivers HD optical quality,and other higher-end lens advancements.
- Optical Technologies – Optical materials combined with the very latest lens element design innovations and multilayer coatings – that produce an unsurpassed pristine imaging system for the most discerning production team
- Internal Focus – A Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to better control chromatic aberrations
- Digital Technologies – Third-generation enhanced digital servo systems using Canon-developed 16-bit optical rotary encoder devices introduce entirely new value-added creativity to handheld acquisition systems
- Mechanical Technologies – Ergonomic mechanical design that produced this HD lens having the same size and weight as its SDTV predecessor
- Ecological Design – All contemporary Canon lenses avoid the use of materials and substances potentially harmful to the environment