The KH19x6.7 KAS is a portable HDTV production lens within the 1/2-inch image format sector of the HDgc family. This particular lens is intended for all who have as their foremost priority the use of a very cost-effective and lightweight (2.8lbs for this lens) HD acquisition system for shooting over long distances combined with reasonably wide angle capture. It was specifically designed for the HDC-X300/X310 compact HD camera and the HD XDCAM camcorders of Sony, which utilize three 1/2-inch 1440-element CCD imagers. The lens has a special feature in having an interface to the Sony-developed Auto-Focus system built into these acquisition systems. This lens is an important member of the emerging HDgc family in terms of facilitating HD imaging for point of view and other special HD applications.
About This Lens:
The KH19x6.7 KAS used contemporary optical design criteria to achieve an excellent multipurpose HD lens offering focal lengths up to 127mm and a wide-angle of 55 degrees horizontal. Combined with an exceptionally high sensitivity (F1.6 maximum aperture) this is a lens that can encompass an unusually broad range of shooting situations at an attractive price point.
The KH19x6.7 KAS utilized breakthrough technologies and powerful computer-aided design techniques to produce an HDTV lens with an excellent performance-cost optimization. It is a design directly responding to the expressed creative desires of broadcasters and HD producers for low-cost HD POV and special-application acquisition systems, while also facilitating the corporate, business and industrial sectors to painlessly transition from SD to HD.
The KH19x6.7 KAS represents a fine compromise between the demands for mobility in a handheld HDTV camera system and the high imaging performance requirements for HDTV production. The requisite optimization strategies to achieve this balance sought a high MTF over the entire image plane, minimization of chromatic aberrations, and maximization of image contrast. Relative light distribution was optimized for the more open aperture settings and this uniformity of brightness across the image plane combines with the high contrast and excellent picture sharpness to produce vividly clear HD pictures. Contrast was extended by careful control of black reproduction - with optical and mechanical design innovations that substantially reduced flare, veiling glare, and any internal reflections.
- Optical Technologies - Newly developed optical materials combined with the very latest lens element design innovations and multilayer coatings
- That produce an unsurpassed pristine imaging system for the most discerning production team
- Internal Focus - a Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to better control chromatic aberrations Control Technologies
- Control Technologies - Enhanced servo system called Shuttle Shot that adds value-added creativity to handheld acquisition systems
- Advanced Drive technology - encompasses servo control that allows the operator to precisely zoom between tow pre-programmed zoom positions Maximum Zoom speed is 1.2 seconds over entire range
- Maximum Zoom speed is 1.2 seconds over entire range
- Auto focus drive system is built into the lens and this interfaces via a serial digital link to the Sony cameras where the auto focus detection system is incorporated
- Mechanical Technologies - Ergonomic mechanical design that produced this HD lens having the same size and weight as its SDTV predecessor
- Compact drive unit is mounted to the lens at a 12.5 degree angle for comfort and balance
- Aluminum alloy body for light weight and exceptional durability