The KH19x6.7 KTS is a new cost-effective, long focal length remote control portable 1/2-inch HDTV lens offered by Canon.
This particular lens is intended for end users having as their foremost priority an HD acquisition system of modest cost - to support a diversity of broadcast, professional, business and industrial remote control applications.
The KH19x6.7 KTS works in conjunction with the Sony 1/2-inch image format HDTV cameras that are emerging as low-cost HD acquisition systems for a number of special applications.
The KH19x6.7 KTS has an excellent sensitivity of f 1.6 over a 19x zoom range (falling modestly to f 2.1 at full telephoto). It has a generous 55-degree horizontal field of view and weighs in at a low 2.8 lbs. This lens is anticipated to be a superb workhorse that can address a wide range of remote control projects.
The KH19x6.7 KTS was specifically designed for the Sony HDC-X300/X310 compact HD camera and the Sony HD XDCAM camcorders, which utilize three 1/2-inch 1440-element CCD imagers. The lens has a special feature in having an interface to the Sony-developed Auto-Focus system built into these acquisition systems.
The design optimization strategies sought a balanced MTF profile over the entire image plane at an F2.0 aperture setting. Relative light distribution was optimized for F2.8 and above and this uniformity of brightness across the image plane combines with the high contrast and excellent picture sharpness to produce vividly clear HD pictures. Contrast was extended by superb control of black reproduction - with optical and mechanical design innovations that substantially reduced flare, veiling glare, and any internal reflections. Similar attention to minimization of ghost images and other highlight-related chromatic distortions caused by strong light sources on-axis and off-axis further extend the operational contrast range of the lens.
- Optical Technologies – Optical materials combined with the very latest lens element design innovations and multilayer coatings – that produce an unsurpassed pristine imaging system for the most discerning production team
- Internal Focus – A Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to better control chromatic aberrations
- Digital Technologies – Third-generation enhanced digital servo systems using Canon-developed 16-bit optical rotary encoder devices introduce entirely new value-added creativity to handheld acquisition systems
- Mechanical Technologies – Ergonomic mechanical design that produced this HD lens having the same size and weight as its SDTV predecessor
- Ecological Design – All contemporary Canon lenses avoid the use of materials and substances potentially harmful to the environment