The KH20x6.4 KTS is intended for end users having as their foremost priority an HD acquisition system of modest cost - to support a diversity of broadcast, professional, business and industrial remote control applications.
This lens is intended to work in conjunction with the new 1/2-inch image format HDTV cameras that are emerging as low-cost HD acquisition systems for a number of special applications.
The KH20x6.4 KTS has an excellent sensitivity of f 1.4 over a 20x zoom range (falling modestly to f 2.0 at full telephoto). It has a generous 57.1-degree horizontal field of view and weighs in a low 2.8 lbs. This lens is anticipated to be a superb workhorse that can address a wide range of remote control projects.
The design optimization strategies sought a balanced MTF profile over the entire image plane at an F4.0 aperture setting. Relative light distribution was optimized for F2.8 and above and this uniformity of brightness across the image plane combines with the high contrast and excellent picture sharpness to produce vividly clear HD pictures. Contrast was extended by superb control of black reproduction - with optical and mechanical design innovations that substantially reduced flare, veiling glare, and any internal reflections. Similar attention to minimization of ghost images and other highlight-related chromatic distortions caused by strong light sources on-axis and off-axis further extend the operational contrast range of the lens.
- Optical Technologies - Newly developed optical materials combined with the very latest lens element design innovations and multilayer coatings - that produce an unsurpassed pristine imaging system for the most discerning production team
- Internal Focus - a Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to better control chromatic aberrations
- Control Technologies - Enhanced servo system called Shuttle Shot that adds value-added creativity to handheld acquisition systems
- Advanced Drive technology - encompasses a servo control that allows the operator to precisely zoom between tow pre-programmed zoom positions Maximum Zoom speed is 1.2 seconds over entire range
- Mechanical Technologies - ergonomic mechanical design that produced this HD lens having the same size and weight as its SDTV predecessor Compact drive unit is mounted to the lens at a 12.5 degree angle for comfort and balance Aluminum alloy body for light
- Ecological Design - All contemporary Canon lenses avoid the use of materials and substances potentially harmful to the environment. Lead has been removed from all optics, and other identified substances such as cadmium, mercury, PBBS etc from all component