The KJ20x8.5B KRS used contemporary optical design criteria to achieve an excellent multipurpose HD lens offering focal lengths up to 170mm and a wide-angle of almost 55 degrees horizontal. Combined with an exceptionally high sensitivity (F1.8 maximum aperture) this is a lens that can encompass an unusually broad range of shooting situations at an attractive price point.
The KJ20x8.5B KRS utilized breakthrough technologies and powerful computer-aided design techniques to produce an HDTV lens with an excellent performance-cost optimization. It is a design directly responding to the expressed creative desires of broadcasters and HD producers for low-cost HD POV and special-application acquisition systems, while also facilitating the corporate, business and industrial sectors to painlessly transition from SD to HD.
- Optical Technologies – Optical materials combined with the very latest lens element design innovations and multilayer coatings – that produce an unsurpassed pristine imaging system for the most discerning production team
- Internal Focus – A Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to better control chromatic aberrations
- Digital Technologies – Third-generation enhanced digital servo systems using Canon-developed 16-bit optical rotary encoder devices introduce entirely new value-added creativity to handheld acquisition systems
- Mechanical Technologies – Ergonomic mechanical design that produced this HD lens having the same size and weight as its SDTV predecessor
- Ecological Design – All contemporary Canon lenses avoid the use of materials and substances potentially harmful to the environment