The Canon XF205 Professional Camcorder is a compact, high-performance, high image quality system ideal for use with a variety of digital cinema and broadcast operations. Targeted at sports production, TV variety shows, commercials and drama shows, in addition to independent movie production, government applications, education, weddings and other social event videography, the camcorder features a wide-angle 20x optical zoom lens with three control rings, image stabilization, infrared capabilities, flexible MXF/MP4 dual recording at various data rates, two/four-channel audio recording, Wi-Fi® connectivity, plus 3G-SDI and monitor outputs as well as time code and genlock connections.
A versatile Canon 20x HD wide-angle video lens captures images with outstanding clarity across a broad 26.8–576 mm* zoom range. An eight-blade circular aperture provides natural and visually pleasing bokeh. Three separate rings control focus, zoom and iris settings. A new Five-Axis Dynamic SuperRange OIS System dramatically reduces the image-degrading effects of camera shake, and a new rotating handgrip enables comfortable camera positioning at shooting angles from high to low.
Dual-frequency Wi-Fi® and an Ethernet connector enable browser preview during shoots, in addition to FTP transfer to external servers, PCs or laptops. HD-SDI ports handle video with embedded audio and time code data for monitoring and recording of frame rates up to 30fps, and a new 3G-SDI port supports 1080p video at frame rates up to 60 fps. Time code I/O helps ensure frame-accurate sync during editing and post-production. The XF205 camcorder can also be used with Canon’s new RC-V100 Remote Controller to provide full access to important user functions, including start/stop, zoom/focus/iris, white balance and more.
- 26.8mm Wide, 20x Optical Zoom Lens with 3 Separate Lens Rings
- AF options (Instant AF, Face Detection) and Reduced MOD
- Enhanced Image Stabilization Performance
- Ergonomic, Rotating Grip
- Equipped with Wide DR Gamma (600%) Mode and Refined, 8-bladed Circular Aperture
- Infrared, High-sensitivity Shooting Function with Enhanced Exposure Performance
- Professional 0.45-inch Color Viewfinder and Precise 3.5-inch OLED Panel
- MXF and MP4 Dual Codec Recording
- Slow and Fast Motion Function Supported (MXF)
- 35 Mbps 1440x1080 Recording Supported for Broadcast Usage (MXF)
- Three Memory Card Slots
- HD-SDI Monitor Output, 3G-SDI Output, Time Code and Genlock
- 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz Dual-frequency Built-in Wi-Fi® Capability
- Ethernet LAN Terminal
- Browser Remote, FTP File Transfer (MXF/MP4) Functions Featured
- Four-channel Audio Recording