The DIGI SUPER 100 xs offers the longest zoom ratio among the family of six HDTV field lenses offered by Canon.
The XJ100x9.3BIE-D mobilized the best in optical, mechanical, and digital technologies to implement a long zoom lens that is remarkable for its relatively modest size and weight. It is a design directly responding to the expressed aesthetic desires of the world’s most creative HD producers and directors - in terms of optical sensitivity, very long telephoto capability, and startling HDTV image quality. The XJ100x9.3BIE-D utilizes an exceptional built-in image stabilization system to support such triple digit zoom operations.
This lens embodies the pinnacle in dynamic image creation for live television production - for both HDTV and SDTV. It is intended for mobile truck operators and broadcasters having as their foremost priority the greatest telephoto flexibility for high definition sports and entertainment event coverage. This lens and the companion duo XJ86x9.3/XJ86x13.5BIE-D have become the industry standard among the major HDTV mobile television facilities. It can equally service the special needs of government (homeland security) and many other institutional sectors of the market that might have high resolution long telephoto as a priority.
ABOUT THIS LENS
The XJ100x9.3BIE-D design applied the most state of the art in Canon optical technologies to break a barrier in focal length range that many considered impossible. Canon’s renowned engineering design optimization strategies were once again brilliantly applied to the unique technological challenges of providing full HDTV image quality while implementing an unprecedented control of focal length over the formidable range from 9.3mm to 930 mm (1860 mm with extender). The design paid particular attention to streamlining the ergonomics and physics of such a challenging optical system. The built-in optical image stabilization system (that makes such an unprecedented focal range practical) has earned enthusiastic industry acclaim.
The optimizations within the optical design successfully maintain a high MTF profile over the entire image plane when exercising the unprecedented 100:1 focal length change. A parallel optimization paid close attention to minimizing chromatic aberrations over this same focal range.
- Optical Technologies - Newly developed materials (including the high index ultra low dispersion material) combined with the very latest in element design innovations and multilayer coatings produce an unsurpassed pristine imaging system for the most discer
- Power Optics - speaks to the combination of specialized materials, contemporary optical design, and multilayer coatings that produce the superb imagery
- Internal Focus - a Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to control chromatic aberrations
- Crossover Technology Option - switchable operation between 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio imagery
- Image Stabilization Technology - A built-in Optical Shift Image Stabilizer (identified by Shift-IS) system that effectively removes image stabilities especially at the telephoto extremes of the lens
- Digital Technologies - Second-generation precision digital servo systems using Canon-developed 16-bit optical rotary encoder devices
- Mechanical Technologies - Ergonomic mechanical design that exploited Power Optic technologies to maintain the same size and weight as the predecessor HDTV field lens
- Ecological Design - All contemporary Canon lenses avoid the use of materials and substances potentially harmful to the environment