The model XJ86x9.3B IE-D is a powerful Field lens that utilizes Canon's unique optical design concept "Power Optical System" with "X- Element". By adopting the new technology and concept of optical stabilization system, this fully meets the optical performance required for HDTV with the increased zoom ratio of 86x and with the improved wide angle of 9.3mm. All of this is made possible while still maintaining the size equivalent to that of current SDTV lenses.
- Incorporates Canon’s advanced optical quality and superior image stabilization performance, extending the line of must-have field production lenses with a focal length of 9.3 – 800mm (1,600mm w/2X)
- Equipped with built-in Optical Image Stabilizer, or Shift-IS system, that has transformed production content, this allows directors to capture dramatic, high impact long shots and deliver them shake-free to the viewing audience
- With Shift-IS, two shake-detecting sensors for yaw and pitch help to move the Shift-IS lens group horizontally and vertically to counteract the image shake and maintain a totally stable picture
- Performance is further bolstered by the advanced HDxs system, which uses the X-element and Power Optical System for superior specs in a lightweight package
- All DIGISUPER lenses have Canon’s second generation Digital Servo System, bringing improved ease of operation through features like CAFS, Speed Preset, Shuttle Shot and Framing Preset, Digital Zoom Demand and Digital Focus Demand
- In addition, HDxs lenses provide exceptional results when used with SDTV cameras and provide the perfect “Future Proof” game plan