Long zoom portable 2/3-inch lens offered by Canon to support a broad diversity of professional, business and industrial production applications. Utilized advanced optical technologies and powerful computer-aided design techniques to produce a high-performing lens in an impressive 3.06lb package, a full 9% lighter than its predecessor, meanwhile the KRS version is 2.58lbs, a full 11% lighter than its predecessor. It uses an internal focus system. It is a design directly responding to the expressed creative desires of a broad cross-section of producers for a versatile acquisition system.
- Combination of specialized optical materials, contemporary optical design, and multilayer coatings produce the superb imagery
- Internal focus – A Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to better control chromatic aberrations
- Minimum object distance (MOD) of 0.9 meter (10mm with Macro)
- Servo control that facilitates zooming back and forth between any two focal length positions
- In addition to the normal shuttle shot button, the feature may also be allocated to either the VTR or RET buttons by means of a DIP switch
- Maximum zoom speed is now faster, 1.2 seconds
- A new ergonomic grip specially designed to reduce operator fatigue during long shooting schedules