The YJ20x8B KTS is a 2/3-inch wide angle of view portable lens offered by Canon to support diverse remote imaging applications including teleconferencing, distance learning, and specialized broadcasting applications. It is a member of a family of 2/3-inch SD remote control lenses that collectively offer an unusually broad range of creative options.
The YJ20x8B KTS utilized breakthrough technologies and powerful computer-aided design techniques to produce a SDTV lens in a modest 2.89 lb package, 8% lighter than its predecessor, the YJ19x9B KTS. It is a design directly responding to the expressed creative desires of broadcasters and SD producers for a truly versatile SD acquisition system.
The YJ20x8B KTS represents a magnificent compromise between the demands for compact sized, light-weight and the exacting performance requirements for high-end SDTV production. The requisite optimization strategies to achieve this balance sought a high MTF over the entire image plane, minimization of chromatic aberrations, and maximization of image contrast. Preservation of the highest MTF at the wider angle focal lengths (where scene detail can be particularly high) was a special priority.
- Optical Technologies – newly developed optical materials combined with the very latest lens element design innovations and multilayer coatings – that produce an unsurpassed pristine imaging system
- The IFpro logo identifies the deployment of the Internal Focus technology in the lens
- Combination of specialized materials, contemporary optical design, and multilayer coatings that produce the superb overall imagery
- Internal Focus – a Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to better control chromatic aberrations and reduce focus breathing effects
- Very short Minimum Object distance of 0.4 meters (10mm with Macro)