The D-Link DCS-6517 5 Megapixel Outdoor Dome Network Camera is a high definition professional surveillance and security solution suitable for small, medium, and large enterprises. The camera uses a high resolution 1/3” 5 megapixel sensor with digital WDR image enhancement to deliver balanced video in varying lighting conditions. With 2560 x 1920 resolution, the DCS-6517 captures more detail in areas such as license plates, faces and currency. The rugged design makes this camera ideal for deployment in a wide variety of surveillance applications.
To maximize bandwidth efficiency and improve image quality, the DCS-6517 provides real-time video compression using the H.264 and MJPEG codecs, and supports three separate profiles for simultaneous video streaming and recording. This versatility enables a wide variety of security applications, such as monitoring public areas to detect incidents and to coordinate responses, enforcing access control to restricted areas, deterring criminal activity, or monitoring inventory.
The DCS-6517’s digital wide dynamic range (WDR) video enhancement gives you improved image quality in environments with uneven or difficult lighting, so you can identify subjects that are backlit or in brightly lit areas. In low-light situations, the IR cut filter automatically slides out of the way to use all available light. The DCS-6517 also has built-in IR LED illuminators with a 60 foot range, allowing the camera to keep watch even in complete darkness. These features work together to give you a reliable surveillance camera capable of monitoring an area 24 hours a day.
- 1/3.2” 5 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080, maximum 2560 x 1920
- Digital Wide Dynamic Range
- H.264, MJPEG codec support for streaming and recording
- Motion detection
- Privacy mask
- Built-in IR LED illuminator with a 60 foot range
- Built-in heating and cooling capabilities ensure reliable operation from -40°F to 122°F
- Mounting options for flexible placement
- Rugged IP66 weatherproof housing
- IK10 vandalproof housing to protect unit when mounted in public areas
- Includes removable weather shield
- microSD Card slot for onboard storage1
- 10/100 Fast Ethernet port with PoE
- DI/DO socket for connection to external devices
- Audio in and out jacks can be connected to a microphone and speaker for 2-way communication