The DPE-301GS PoE splitter is used with end devices such as wireless access points, IP cameras and VoIP phones that don’t natively support PoE, but rather require DC power input of 5V, 9V or 12V. It receives PoE power on a network cable from a PoE switch or midspan injector, and splits the Ethernet and DC power into two separate cables. One cable provides the DC power, and the other cable provides the Ethernet signal. Users can select from 5VDC, 9VDC and 12VDC power for their device using a selectable DIP switch on the device.
The DPE-301GS PoE splitter is typically located near the end device. It has two 10/100/1000 RJ-45 ports. One port is for PoE IN, which is the network connection and is usually connected to a remote PoE switch or injector. The other port is for LAN OUT, which is the connection that provides the Ethernet signal to the end device. The DPE-301GS also has a 5.5mm DC OUT port. Two adapter cables are supplied; either one may be connected to this port, depending on whether 5.5mm or 3.8mm interface is required for the end device.
- Converts incoming power from a PoE switch or injector to low-voltage DC power
- Ideal for non-PoE access points, IP cameras and VoIP phones
- Supports 5V, 9V and 12V via selectable switch
- Lightweight, compact and easy to install
- Supports 802.3af/802.3at
- 10/100/1000 interface provides flexibility for all types of connections