The DWL-8610AP unified wireless concurrent dual band 802.11ac access point combines the cutting edge wireless speeds of 802.11ac with the unparalleled flexibility and scalability of D-Link’s Unified Wireless Solution. The DWL-8610AP is designed to support small to medium business or enterprise environments by providing network administrators with secure and manageable dual-band wireless network options. The DWL-8610AP delivers reliable, high-speed wireless performance using the latest 802.11ac standards. It supports maximum wireless signal rates of up to 450 Mbps over the 2.4 GHz band, and 1300 Mbps over the 5 GHz band.
The DWL-8610AP supports a variety of advanced radio management features to get the most of the wireless network and maximize user experience. Band steering detects and steers 5 GHz capable clients away from the overcrowded 2.4 GHz network to the less congested 5 GHz network. Load balancing ensures maximum performance by limiting the maximum number of users per access point. Beamforming technology enables even greater reach. By focusing the wireless signal at connected devices, it guarantees continuous fast wireless speeds, even under heavy network utilization or in areas that have bad wireless signal.
The DWL-8610AP supports 802.1p Quality of Service (QoS) for enhanced throughput and better performance of time-sensitive traffic like VoIP and streaming DSCP. The DWL-8610AP is WMM-certified, so in the event of network congestion, time-sensitive traffic can be given priority ahead of other traffic. Furthermore, when a number of DWL-8610APs are in close proximity with each other, an access point will refuse new association requests once its resources are fully utilized. Instead, the association request will be picked up by a neighboring unit. This feature ensures that no single AP is overburdened while others nearby sit idle.
- Up to 1300+450 Mbps
- 3x3 MIMO with 3 Spatial Streams
- Simultaneous dual-band connectivity for increased network capacity
- Beamforming technology
- Bandsteering for efficient traffic management
- Console port for debugging
- Flexible deployment, standalone or centrally managed by a wireless controller
- Self-configuring cluster enables easier provisioning (up to 16 APs)
- Can be easily mounted on a wall or ceiling
- 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE) enables installation in hard-to-reach locations
- UL2043 certified Plenum rated housing for placement in air passageways