The MXL V87 is a large diaphragm, low noise FET condenser microphone that absolutely shines in the mid to upper range registers. With an outstanding mix of smoothness and clarity, coupled with a low proximity effect, the V87 is perfectly suited for up-close vocal recordings. It's low-noise, transformerless output also make it an excellent choice for detailed stringed instruments and piano recordings. V87's sound quality and solid construction make this a valuable addition to your microphone collection.
- Large diaphragm for a wide frequency response
- Outstanding mix of smoothness and clarity
- Very low proximity effect; great for up-close recording
- Excellent for acoustic guitars and pianos
- Solid-state design for low noise and reliability