NILES, IL and LAS VEGAS, NV April, 2011— Shure Incorporated is expanding its wireless microphone portfolio by previewing two new complementary components to its UHF-R Wireless Systems. The UR5 Portable Receiver and UR3 Plug-on Transmitter are designed to offer premium wireless audio technology to the broadcast and media production industries. These new portable components combine the best of Shure UHF-R features with the flexibility and durability required for professional broadcast-quality performance.
“The UR5 and UR3 are perfect complements to UHF-R,” says Erik Vaveris, Category Director for Wireless Products at Shure. “Field production professionals told us they wanted a lightweight, portable solution and these products are exactly what they’ve been waiting for.”
“Once you produce incredible audio and great RF, all that’s left to do is make people’s lives easier, from setup to ease of use,” Vaveris adds. “With the UR5, camera and audio operators can find a clear frequency with one push of a button. We’re also providing a variety of camera-mounting solutions.”
The UR5 Portable Receiver features Shure’s patented Audio Reference Companding for crystal-clear sound in even the most challenging environments. Up to 2,400 selectable frequencies across an ultra-wide 60 MHz bandwidth provide superior capability to respond to unpredictable RF conditions.
Shure’s first plug-on transmitter, the UR3, enables any wired XLR microphone to become wireless. It features a comfortable, ergonomic design for ease of handling during interviews and news gathering. Additional features such as a sweepable high-pass filter and 48V phantom power make it extremely versatile for broadcast and media production applications.
“We designed the UR3 with today’s professionals in mind,” Vaveris says. “Programmable microphone ID lists enable the user to tailor settings - such as gain and phantom power – for each microphone for quick recall. Plus, during fast battery changes, the UR3 automatically retains its previous settings. That’s huge, because in critical production situations, like ENG, every second matters.”
The new Shure UHF-R portable components revolutionize function and flexibility, providing field production professionals with Shure’s unparalleled sound quality in a portable solution.
Unique features of the UR5 Portable Diversity Receiver include:
• Full bandwidth scan and sync, which enables quick setup of the wireless system
• Feature-rich, hands-on navigation control with backlit LCD screen
• MTX (Multi-transmitter) Mode enables fast and flexible switching between multiple transmitters
• Headphone monitoring output jack
• Tone generator, for accurate set up of the audio level indicators
• Choice of power options: custom lithium ion rechargeable battery pack, DC power, or two AA batteries (intended for backup)
• Mounting options include a camera shoe mount (included), stand strap mount (included), and Anton Bauer mounting accessories (available separately)
• Compatible with AXIENT™ transmitters (RF and IR features only)
Unique features of the UR3 Plug-on Transmitter include:
• Smart, ergonomic industrial design for ideal handling
• Provides full range of phantom power plus option for two AA batteries
• Microphone Preset List can be programmed to tailor settings (gain/phantom power/high-pass filter, etc.); program and store up to 20 microphone ID lists
• Sweepable high-pass filter(35Hz – 285Hz)
• Compatible with Axient receivers (RF and IR features only)
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for the UR5 Portable Receiver and the UR3 Plug-on Transmitter is TBD.
Shure UHF-R Portable Components will be available in summer 2011.