Anaheim, Calif. – May 22, 2013 – ViewSonic Corp. announced today at Citrix Synergy™ the future of virtual desktop computing accessed via managed smart displays. Citrix has also named ViewSonic’s new solutions a ‘Best of Synergy’ award winner.
Leveraging a 25-year display heritage, ViewSonic has extended the Citrix XenMobile™ enterprise mobility management solution to its next generation of thin clients with its new line of smart displays. Citrix XenMobile gives IT organizations complete management and control of their mobile devices, apps, and data. ViewSonic’s new smart displays take advantage of this management and control by integrating XenMobile into its new devices, including the 24” SD-A245 and 22” SD-A225, to give IT organizations the ability to manage both their mobile and smart devices seemlessly.
“Citrix XenMobile supports the broadest array of new types of devices in the industry. ViewSonic’s SD-A245 and SD-A225 smart displays are a key example. Our collaboration with ViewSonic to pre-load XenMobile on the company’s smart displays allows IT to remotely secure and deliver apps and data on these new classes of devices,” said Amit Pandey, vice president and general manager, Mobile Platforms group at Citrix.
As enterprises develop and adopt mobile productivity apps that are changing the way they do business, IT organizations are driven to make significant investments in enterprise mobility solutions. By extending these mobile solutions to smart displays running the Android operating system, enterprises can standardize on apps and mobile management tools for both mobile and smart devices, reducing IT complexity and streamlining costs.
“Through our relationship with Citrix, ViewSonic is helping IT organizations effectively extend their enterprise mobility investment to smart devices connecting to virtual desktops. At the same time, our display solutions allows users to access an extremely secure, locked down desktop that IT can easily manage. This new class of device changes the game in thin computing, delivering tomorrow’s thin client today. We are honored that Citrix has validated these efforts with a Best of Synergy award,” said Jeff Volpe, President of ViewSonic Americas.
In addition to the security and manageability features, low power consumption and access to virtual Windows applications and desktops found within a traditional thin client environment, the ViewSonic smart displays with Citrix XenMobile Enterprise benefit from:
- The ability to natively run managed mobile applications, including Worx-enabled Android mobile apps, without putting demands on backend PC servers, in turn reducing network bandwidth
- The ability to natively run multimedia, including types of video and media that a thin client typically cannot
- The ability to provide single sign-on access to SaaS and web-based applications,simplifying the user experience while maintaining a secure and managed environment
- A touch screen UI design, helping to facilitate the use of touch within software applications. This delivers users the modern interactive form factor of smartphones and tablets, but with a larger screen size for heightened productivity
- Extended device management and control capabilities that allow enterprise IT staff to use the same mobile management solution, Citrix XenMobile Enterprise, to manage their smart displays and mobile devices, reducing complexity
ViewSonic’s award-winning 24” SD-A245<